While I edit, blog, and respond to email, I love to listen to podcasts. I've grown to love them so much it's kind of ridiculous and I keep finding new ones to add to my playlist (sidenote-anyone wanna start a podcast with me??). If I wrote a post with every single podcast that I listen to it'd be too long, so I'm breaking them up into categories. Today I wanted to share a few favorites podcasts that I'd categorize in the lifestyle genre and many of them feature conversations with some of my favorite authors/bloggers.
- The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey (itunes link) - interesting, fun, and happy are the three words I'd use to describe this podcast. In each episode, Jamie talks with a guest who (usually an author, blogger, speaker, etc) and they chat about life, books, balance work & life, and other fun things. Several of my favorite authors/bloggers have been on the show (Sarah Bessey, Jennie Allen, Jess Connolly), which is how I found the podcast in the first place. A favorite episode- #67 with Sarah Bessey.
- HopeWriters/Hope*ologie (itunes link) - I love everything Emily P. Freeman does, so when I found the podcast she started with her father and sister, I of course began listening to it. It originally launched under the name Hope*ologie, but now is relisted as HopeWriters following the launch of their new online writing community. They chat about writing, life, slow summer living, and books. A favorite episode- The Day I Realized I Had a Job.
- The Simple Show (itunes link) - one of the very first podcasts I began listening to regularly. In this podcast Tsh Oxenreider talks about the topic of simple living and making the most of life in every area- work, travel, play, family, and more. Her guests are always people who I enjoy hearing from, like Anne Bogel and Gretchen Rubin. As Tsh is also world traveler, I especially enjoy hearing about her travel experiences. A favorite episode- Bread and Wine with Shauna Niequist.
- What Should I Read Next? (itunes link) - I love reading and have been a long-time fan of Anne Bogel's blog, Modern Mrs. Darcy, so when she started a podcast I knew it would make my list of regulars. In each episode, Anne has a guest who shares three of the favorite books, a book they don't like, and then Anne suggests what they should read next. Literary matchmaking, if you will. With every episode, my to-read list grows longer. A favorite episode- Episode #6 with Tsh Oxenreider.
- Sorta Awesome (itunes link) - this podcast has a little bit of everything, from pop culture, podcasting, making friends, to intentional living. The hosts are big fans of the Myers Briggs personality types which makes my nerdy heart ridiculously happy. Favorite episodes- #32 with Sarah Bessey, #15 about Myers Briggs, and #51 on Podcasting.
Do you like to listen to podcasts? What are some of your favorites?